Free Four: Tobias Tells the Divergent Knife-Throwing Scene

Free Four - 'Veronica Roth' WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! Seriously, I was pretty horrified by the glorified violence in Divergent, but this manages to be close to psychotic. Am I supposed to sympathise with this man? He's nasty, completely incapable of making any sort of comment without immediately tacking on some sort of insult, has a very messed up moral core, and is incredibly whiny. Here's my big issue with this and Divergent. They seem to think that violence is cool, and advocate its use pretty strongly. There's a horrific scene in the book involving a gun, which is the climax of the heroine discussing how secure and in charge she feels with a gun in her hand, that makes my blood curdle. Can we please stop it with this crap?This is a short and utterly pointless piece of writing that serves absolutely no purpose. It's bland, clunky, questionable in tone and intent, and completely fails as a character exercise. Tobias/Four started out as a jerk and remains one throughout Divergent. Here, nothing changes. In fact, he comes out of it being somewhat more psychotic.